I struck a conversation with the person manning the parlour. Information he gave was very interesting.
- All private milk sellers have hiked the price of a packet by atleast 1 Re per half litre, but Aavin price is 1 Re lesser
- Further 75paise reduction if you buy a monthly milk card (consider the math = for a family having 4 milk cards saves 4*1.75*31 = Rs 217 p.m.)
- Aavin parlours, like this parlour, sell value-added-items like flavored milk, cheese, butter, milk khoa, ghee, curd, butter milk, hot milk - all made from Aavin milk
- No water is added to the Hot Milk sold at Rs 5 a cup.
- When I asked the parlour owner, why he could mix some water always. He said that there are surprise visits by Aavin officials, even as late as at 8:30pm
- Surprise checks mean quality and quantity check. They check the density of milk, and calculate the no. of milk packets that must have been used to prepare that quantity of milk, at the measured density.
- If there is issue found, for continuously 3 times, memo is issued, and then increment cuts would follow said the parlour manager
- oh wow! then is tha parlour manned by Aavin employees? He replied in the affirmative.
- Thats surprising! A Govt undertaking company considering these points seriously and want to give quality service and product.
Thats when I thought "Aavin" should be "Wow Win"...