Thanks to Subhashree, aka, my wife, who tagged me! I need to say 5 things as to what parenting means to me...
1. Parenting is a collective verb. No fathering, no mothering...parenting! It means whatever we do is collective decision making for the good of kids...and that brings me to second point
2. Oh my gosh! As parents, one needs to be responsible for all the decisions made on the kid sbehalf, until they can start making decisions...so in some way or other, all choices we make as parents, affects the kids...so no snap decisions, no impulsive actions...and no personal feelings as well
3. Parenting is fun! I have every right to act completely silly, in front of full audience and get awat, because I do that act for making my kids feel happy...ooh...i like it
4. Learning is amazing as a parent! The way my kids pick up words, their context, build the language...it is just amazing. The creative thoughts that go through their head, despite them not having experienced or seen it even once, but they do it.
5. A warm hug, a wet kiss, a silly fight - so many things to feel overwhelmed, feel choked; that is interesting too
[i am supposed to write 5 things, but what the heck..., kids dont follow any rules easily, so would a post about them be any different?]
6. Parenting is caring for and being cared for!
7. Parenting is energy-sapping...exhausting too...
8. Seeing the kids having love for each other, caring for each other, while at the same time, fighting with each other too...
It just means a lot for me to be one of the parents...what matters most to me is
My kids chose me as one of their parents, and the other parent - my counterpart - is the person whom I love most in the world!
This is the best part! :-)
PS: Ok, tagging part...am not too known to too many bloggers...so anyone who likes this topic, take it as a tag, and post an entry in your blog. Leave me a comment and a link.